A Project Engineer is the key link between a client, a company, and Interroll anticipating and understanding the specific needs ensuring the offered solutions are implemented correctly in full on time & within budget. The role is responsible to deliver our promise.
The goal is to build credibility, strong long lasting relationships and earn the clients trust by executing the plan as promised. The Project Engineer will work across the organisation to facilitate the design, site planning and layout, cost estimating, planning and scheduling, management, materials procurement, equipment selection, cost control, and quality management consistent with Interroll’s budget & commercial plans.
- Project Management & Production Planning focus
- Located in Northern Suburbs of Melbourne
- Entry to intermediate level
What are my responsibilities?
The Project Engineer spends most of their time preparing & realizing projects in direct touch with the customer, Interroll manufacturing plants and other stakeholders. The Project Engineer is likely to find themselves working on site, though they may nominally be office-based. Visits to clients, contractors and sites will happen on a regular and frequent basis. This may mean working hours going past the standard 9-5 hours are required, as well as travelling away from the home base. The overall working environment of the Project Engineer is demanding, challenging, fast-paced but stimulating.
- Responsible for the efficient project management & production coordination of conveyor & storage projects from concept to completion meeting the customer’s expectations.
incl. engineering, processing, cost collation, budget adherence, purchasing, project reviews & invoicing and after sales service is an integral element of the role.
- The creation of AutoCAD drawings for project related design, engineering, layouts and approvals. Includes further developing internal CAD standards.
- Work with the sales team on solution based projects, assisting with the development of costing, quotations, drawings and specifications.
- Responsible to meet demanding project timelines and milestones
- Implement and manage Interroll’s Lifetime Service strategy using working knowledge of industry standards and practices, including product technical specifications, company services, repairs and support offerings.
- Responsible for the efficient production planning of selected Standard Products for local assembly. Bill of material creation & maintenance, stock master registers, part numbering systems, auditing & issuing of manufacturing work sheets, inventory management, purchasing & expediting.
- Liaises with the Factory Team Leader to ensure the committed delivery date is met, identifies and manages project/production dependencies and critical paths.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Qualifications in Engineering disciplines, Project Management or suitable practical experiences to meet the requirements. Includes Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronic engineering with some experience in factory automation, Production Systems (5S, TPS, 6 Sigma).
- Large project management experience which includes integrating different technologies in factories or warehouses will be seen as an advantage.
- Specific experiences within the materials handling sector and conveyor knowledge will be seen as an advantage.
- Experienced in using AutoCAD, Inventor, familiarity with ERP.
- Time management skills and the ability to establish routines, effective planning skills, and consistently meeting demanding deadlines.
- Exposure to OHS requirements.
- Excellent communication skills in order to liaise with internal & external customers.
- Detail conscious, well organised and able to prioritise being naturally results focused.
What do we offer you?
An attractive remuneration package (salary, superannuation) will be negotiated commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Are you interested in this position and would like to face new challenges?
We look forward to receiving your (online) application as PDF
Applications to be sent via email as PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org